Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hockney & Matisse



Top: David Hockney, Portrait of an Artist (Pool with Two Figures), 1972 & Bottom: Henri Matisse, The Reflection, 1935

The Hockney painting is the selection for the blog for this week. The Matisse painting is the one I am putting for last week, if I don't have one. These paintings has some varied interesting qualities as you look at them. The Hockney painting has mostly of bright colors, with some darks, while the Matisse has more darker colors. In "Portrait of an Artist (Pool with Two Figures)," Hockney might be using a lot of blues in this. When I look at "The Reflection," it almost looks like twins ready to their picture. However, it's basically a woman sitting next to mirror, and there is a difference of color between them. It almost might be a good example since we are doing these class session paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment